Sheraton Munich Arabellapark
For our 3 nights stay in Munich, we booked the Sheraton Munich Arabellapark. The Arabellapark complex was actually not that close to the city center. It was about a 15 minute train ride to the city center. The Sheraton from the outside looked like a really old hotel. However, the inside was very nicely renovated. The lobby area was very bright and modern. Check in was quick and efficient. I inquired about wi-fi, and it was actually not included in the rate. But, they had a business center near the lobby where you can use their internet-connected computers for free, so that’s what we did!
Our room was quite spacious and the decor looked newly renovated and modern. We booked a king bed room but as in most European countries, the “king” bed was actually two twin beds pushed together. During our stay, we noticed that the room felt pretty stuffy, and there was not enough air circulation, perhaps because it’s an older building?
The bathroom also looked renovated although a bit on the small side. The shower and tub were combined.
Overall we liked this hotel, but the location was a bit out of the way. For the rate that we paid using cash and points (it only costed $60 USD per night which was a bargain), we think the hotel was a very good value. However, it was more of a business hotel and the location was not that ideal for tourists. If only the location was more centralized!
Suggested Activities in Munich:
- Munich Walking Tour: There are a couple companies nowadays that offers free tours, the one that we did was Sandeman’s.
- Visit a Beer Garden: there are so many beer gardens around, the most famous one being Hofbrahaus. I usually don’t drink beer but I did enjoy the beer in Munich!
- Visit the BMW Factory & Museum
- Take the train for a day trip to Salzburg: Salzburg is such a beautiful city and an easy train ride away from Munich. Definitely come visit if you get a chance!
- Dachau Memorial Tour: This was a very “heavy” and disturbing tour, but very educational.